Friday, March 16, 2007

Temptation

Maintaining the fast (why is it called a fast anyhow? not sure why that question hasn't occurred to me before now)...Maintaining the fast has been more challenging today than any other. I'm not sure why. I don't think I'm any hungrier than I have been in days past, but I resent the hunger that I feel. Prior to now, I'd looked at the food in my kitchen and reached for it out of habit and then caught myself. Today, I have to actively not reach for it. And it makes me a little angry.
The flip side is that the anger also makes me feel a sense of accomplishment. I like having to work for it. I'm not so sure about my strategy for "working for it" though: grocery shopping. It made sense that I would give myself something to look forward to by purchasing the fixin's for my meal. Then I got to the store. stupid. stupid. stupid. I made it out with my empty stomach intact, but it didn't improve my mood any. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should be angry, your own food mocks you. Like Jeff does. But not me, nooo, I'm your buddy.

Have you lost weight?

Do you binge in the mornings or nights?

Do you get shaky during the day?

Do people taunt you with food?

It is a pleasant mostly sunny and a delightful 68 degrees. (yay for under 70!) I'd like someone to kick a ball around with, please. thankyouverymuch.