Thursday, March 08, 2007

Stress

Stress intensified the hunger of fasting today. Stressful day at work and I was about to gnaw my own arm off. I don't get headaches anymore though. When eating on a normal schedule, hunger makes me irritable. That's not the case these days. I'm not bouncing off the wall with jovial energy, but I'm not any grumpier than normal.
I keep thinking I should have some sort of mantra for myself when I'm conscious of the hunger. Nothing's come to me yet.

If I continue with this blogging, here's a sneak preview of what's to come after the fast: turning trampoline into a ...

3 comments:

Jeff Hebert said...

I still say "sleep is the poor man's food" that your Dad taught you when I get hungry at night. I know you hate it, but strangely it has stuck with me all these years.

Unknown said...

I load your page every single day, but today is the first time I've seen any posts since the last haiku. I wonder why the browser has been living off the cache for so long...

Interesting, Dave, you going along with this. I asked an Iranian friend I worked with a few years ago a lot of questions about Ramadan, but I didn't try it out. Two odd things still stick in my mind about it -- no brushing of teeth bothered me, and it must suck when it falls in the long days of summer instead of the short days of winter!

I used to feel largely impervious to hunger, but those days are gone, and I miss them a lot.

It's good to (finally) see you are writing!

David M said...

Huzzah! Willy's joined the mix. Jeff, I've had that phrase about sleep rolling around in my head too. If it weren't for that pesky job, I think I'd be taking naps in the afternoon.