Saturday, June 30, 2007

Ratatouille

My expectations of the latest Pixar offering, Ratatouille, were far too high. Here's the deal: The Incredibles is a fantastic film. Being a comic book geek, that movie punched all of the right buttons for me and was appealing to non-comic book geeks as well. Writer and director of that fine film: Brad Bird.
I'm not much for research, but The Incredibles was so well done that I hopped onto IMDB.com to find out what else Brad Bird had a hand in. Lo and behold - he's the head cheese on Ratatouille. Advanced reviews hailed it as the funniest Pixar movie yet, which is saying something. End result of my research? Very high expectations for a movie about a rat who can cook.
It's good, and worth watching, but don't go in expecting The Incredibles.

No comments: