Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Sicko

I wasn't really in the mood to see Sicko. I've seen a lot, I mean a lot, of documentaries this past year and I'm a little documentaried out. Especially when it comes to documentaries which focus on some aspect of how we're killing our planet or each other. My eyes are open already! Stop beating me over the head with bad news please! Yes, you could say I was sick of them.

Which leaves me all the more impressed with Michael Moore's latest offering, Sicko. Yes, there was bad news. Yes, it demonstrated how we're not nice to each other. Yes, big business and the government (sorry for being redundant) are not to be trusted. But he did a really good job of telling his perspective on that story. He mixed in enough humor and communicated enough hopefulness that I left feeling better rather than worse.

I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm really surprised you left feeling better. Shocked, even. While I usually agree with a lot of his viewpoints, I don't like his methods, and his movies usually leave me hating everyone. Even more than I usually do!