Monday, June 11, 2007

More movie reviews (a.k.a two new and a rental)

In inverse order of how highly I rate them: "Fur" (the rental), "The Waitress" (limited release) and "Knocked Up" (wide release).

"Fur"...for the majority of the movie Robert Downey, Jr. is covered completely in fur as a result of a genetic condition. And it's a serious love story. Nicole Kidman being the other ingredient necessary for a love story. To the credit of the creators, I watched the whole thing. The acting was good and the story was interesting enough. They really did try to pull off a serious love story between Nicole Kidman and Chewbacca. Unless you're really hankering for another installment of Teen Wolf, I wouldn't recommend it though.

"The Waitress"...got good reviews, looked light-hearted. Wasn't quite as light-hearted as I expected and not quite as good I hoped based high ratings, but worth seeing. Nice performances, especially by some of the supporting cast. I laughed enough to recommend it.

"Knocked Up"...don't usually go for stupid movies, but this one got such good reviews. Really, really funny. And surprisingly touching at times. Highly recommend it. I'll watch it at least one more time at some point. So many good lines.

No comments: